Fast Veal Parmigiana
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Try this Fast Veal Parmigiana! Only 270 Calories. For more recipes visit VealMadeEasy.com
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 lb veal leg cutlets, 1/8" to 1/4" thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions:1. Pound veal cutlets to 1/8" thickness, if necessary. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Dip cutlets into bread crumbs, coating both sides.
2. Place cutlets in skillet; cook 2 minutes. Turn; season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and top each with sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes for medium doneness. Do not overcook.
3. Remove from skillet; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 268 calories; 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 91 mg cholesterol; 606 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fiber; 29 g protein; 10.3 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.0 mcg vitamin B12; 1.4 mg iron; 12.7 mcg selenium; 3.0 mg zinc.