Fettuccine with Avocado
Yield: Serves 4
Fettuccine is tossed with chunks of avocado in a light creamy sauce sparked with lemon.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, cut into julienne strips
- 2 large avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 pound fettuccine, boiled and drained
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts, loosely packed
Instructions:1. Squeeze the juice from the lemons and set aside. Remove the zest with a swivel-blade peeler and chop finely. Place in a small bowl and add the parsley and garlic. Toss to combine.
2. Gently heat the cream in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the lemon juice, prosciutto, and avocados and toss to coat. Sprinkle on the lemon zest mixture and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the hot, drained fettuccine, salt, and pepper, then pour on the warm cream. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and scatter the sprouts over the surface.