Fingerling Potato and Purslane Salad with Grainy Mustard Dressing
Total Time: 20
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup purslane leaves (or substitute watercress or arugula leaves)
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 generous tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Banyuls, Champagne, or other light vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:In a medium-size saucepan over high heat, boil potatoes until tender, 10—15 minutes, depending on size.
Rinse under cold water to stop cooking; then drain in a colander and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard, vinegar, and olive oil; add salt and pepper to taste.
When potatoes are cooled, mix with purslane in a bowl.
Add enough dressing to coat, and toss lightly. Serve at room temperature.