- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, washed and drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced, roasted red bell peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced scallions (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions:Place the peas in a bowl and add the hot sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, oil, vinegar, capers, peppers, and garlic. Let sit for several hours.
Just before serving, add the scallions and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.