Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
To keep the pesto bright green, you can add one vitamin C tablet to the mixture when you add the pine nuts and Parmesan.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups firmly packed basil leaves, washed and dried
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2-ounce jar (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:1. Place the basil in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add the garlic and pulse several times to make a roughly chopped mixture.
2. Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream down the feed tube, with the motor running. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl several times.
3. Add the pine nuts, Parmesan, salt, and pepper and puree about 1 minute longer, until the mixture is well blended and smooth.