Fresh Basil and Tomato Frittata
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This basil and tomato frittata can be served warm or at room temperature, making it ideal for entertaining, not to mention attractive and flavorful.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 8 ounces Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more whole leaves for garnish
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss cheddar cheese with flour. Place mixture in bottom of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over top.
Combine eggs and half-and-half, add Worcestershire sauce, mix well, and pour over cheeses. Sprinkle tomato and basil over egg mixture. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve hot or at room temperature.