Fresh Basil and Tomato Frittata
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
- 8 ounces Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss cheddar cheese with flour. Place mixture in bottom of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over top.
Combine eggs and half-and-half, add Worcestershire sauce, mix well, and pour over cheeses. Sprinkle tomato and basil over egg mixture. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.