Fresh Spinach Souffle with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup low-fat or skim milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (basil, sage, tarragon, dill, chives)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato sauce
Instructions:Heat oil in small pan and saute spinach 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Puree cottage cheese, Parmesan, and milk together until smooth. Add eggs; blend until smooth. Add sauteed spinach.
Lightly grease 1-cup ramekins and fill each with 1/2 cup egg mixture. Microwave ramekins on high setting 4 to 6 minutes or until egg mixture puffs. Do not overcook. Turn souffles onto individual plates and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and fresh herbs. Top with sun-dried tomato sauce and serve.
Additional Notes:Souffle: As variations, substitute fresh broccoli or sauteed sweet peppers and onions for the spinach.
Sauce: Extra sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 or 3 sun-dried tomato pieces
- packed in oil, drained
- 1 clove fresh garlic