- 8 small fillets catfish
- 2 cups Egg Beaters
- 3 cups cream meal
- Corn oil and canola oil blend, for deep-frying
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Tabasco, for serving
1. Dredge each catfish fillet in Egg Beaters, then immediately in cream meal, turning to coat evenly.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer registers 375°. Place 3 to 4 fillets in oil, and fry for 2 minutes, until crust is golden and fish is opaque when checked with a knife. Repeat with remaining fillets.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove fillets to a paper towel—lined plate to drain. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and Tabasco.
Anthony and Gail Uglesich