Frittata de Nonna
Yield: 8 pie slices
You can add any variation of veggies and cheeses - that's a big reason I love it!
- 7-9 scrambled eggs w/a splash of milk, set aside
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 c chopped veggies *see suggestions below
- 2 handfuls grated cheese ***
- fresh herbs if desired
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
Instructions:Grease a pie pan.
Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil on stove top. Add your veggies (broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, bell peppers, beets, potatoes, spinach, or anything else you like) cook till softened. Then add salt and pepper and fresh herbs to taste.
Slide the veggies into your greased pie pan, sprinkle the cheese on top (cheddar, soft goat, parmesan, muenster, anything really!) and pour the eggs evenly overtop.
Put in preheated 350 oven for 20 mins or until it's set and firm, but not too dry.
Let set for a while and cool a bit - serve hot or cold!