Garbanzo Bean Burger
- 1 cup of cooked garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 rib of celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of naturally brewed soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Whole grain bread/buns of your choice
- Mustard of your choice
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Cucumber slices or sliced pickles
- Red onion slices
Instructions:Mash garbanzo beans with a fork until they turn into a coarse paste. Mix mashed garbanzo beans with brown rice, oats, celery, onion, garlic, soy sauce, and black pepper. Use your hands to form mixture into six patties.
Cook patties over medium heat in a pan that is lightly covered with extra virgin olive oil. Cook until both sides are lightly browned.
Serve these bean patties with the rest of the ingredients listed above, just as you would put together a regular burger.
Enjoy this healthy bean burger recipe.