Garlicky Cranberry Chutney
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A friend of mine gave this recipe to me one holiday season. After making this version, I have never gone back to plain cranberry sauce. I make it every year for Thanksgiving and then again for gifts as Christmas. It's always a hit!
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 (1-inch)piece ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (1-pound) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:Cut ginger into very thin slices. Stack slices together and cut into very thin slivers.
Bring ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar and cayenne to simmer in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduce to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
Add cranberry sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Mix and return to simmer. Cook on low heat 10 minutes.
Cover tightly and refrigerate.