Garlicky Cranberry Chutney
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 (1-inch)piece ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (1-pound) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:Cut ginger into very thin slices. Stack slices together and cut into very thin slivers.
Bring ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar and cayenne to simmer in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduce to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
Add cranberry sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Mix and return to simmer. Cook on low heat 10 minutes.
Cover tightly and refrigerate.