Yield: Yield 4 to 6 cups.
A pretty and pleasantly spiced cold soup. Some like to top it with a dollop of sour cream.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 large onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large green pepper (reserve and dice 1/4 of the pepper)
- 3 cups defatted chicken stock or bouillon
- 1 large can (1 pound 12 ounces) whole tomatoes (reserve and dice 1 cup)
- 1 medium can (24 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 cucumber (reserve 1/4 and thinly slice for garnish; finely mince remaining 3/4)