Total Time: 30
Yield: 2 cups
Giblets are the turkey's neck, heart, gizzard, and liver, which are usually found tucked, like a prize, inside the cavity. Be sure to remove before brining and certainly before roasting. Giblets make a terrific gravy, but I don't include the liver, as it adds a bitter flavor, so save it in the freezer for another use.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Reserved turkey giblets (except liver)
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 celery rib, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Wondra flour (or other instant flour)
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, combine giblets, stock, and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook until reduced by half. Strain and discard solids. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 4 tablespoons hot broth. Then slowly whisk mixture back into the main portion of hot broth and cook about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.