Godiva Hot Chocolate Cake
Yield: 7 individual cakes
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Butter to grease souffle cups
- Granulated sugar, for dusting
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon (2 sticks plus 5 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 5 large eggs
- 10.5 ounces high-quality bittersweet baking chocolate (we used Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 2-5/8 cups confectioners' sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1-1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- Garnish: fresh raspberries and vanilla ice cream
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter and coat with sugar seven individual 8-ounce souffle cups. Place egg yolks and whole eggs in a mixing bowl. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, then add chocolate liqueur.
Beat eggs on low speed for approximately 2 minutes while pouring melted chocolate into mixture. Place confectioners' sugar and flour into a sieve, and sift into egg and chocolate mixture. Mix on high speed for 90 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to pour cake mixture into coated souffle cups up to the crease on the rim.
Bake 20-25 minutes. The cake is ready when it doesn't stick to your finger when touched on top. Remove from oven and place serving plate on top of cup. When flipped, cake should slide out onto plate. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, add a few fresh raspberries, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.