Golden Peach Salsa
Yield: 3 pints
In this recipe for Golden Peach Salsa, adapted from the Blue Ball Book (31st ed.), Amy substituted 2 cups peaches for 2 cups tomatoes and used some Hillbilly Golden Boy and Yellow Perfection tomatoes instead of red fruits. The result was a "glorious golden salsa."
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches
- 2 cups seeded and chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup seeded and chopped chili or jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
Combine the tomatoes, peaches, bell pepper, hot pepper, onion, salt, garlic, and vinegar in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust the caps and process in a boiling-water bath for 30 minutes.