Grandma's Egg and Shredded Wheat
Yield: One Serving
- 1 or 2 large eggs
- 1 or 2 shredded wheat squares
- boiling hot water
- butter or margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hint - one egg per one shredded wheat square.
Instructions:1. Heat pan on medium high heat.
2. Place shredded wheat in a wide bowl or on a plate.
3. Boil water in a teakette or pot
4. Fry egg(s) to over easy - need the whites cooked and yolks should be runny (important!)
5. After you flip the eggs, pour the boiling or very hot water over the shredded wheat and immediately drain the water off in sink, holding them down with the spatula/flipper. You'll need to work FAST so the eggs don't get overcooked.
6. Place one tablespoon of butter or margarine on each shredded wheat.
7. Put cooked eggs on the shredded wheat.
8. Salt and pepper to taste
9. Use a fork to mix them up, mushing the yolk into the shredded wheat