Green Bean Puree
Yield: Serves 6
Sparked with fresh cilantro, pureed green beans are a smashing accompaniment for roast chicken.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound green beans, whole
- 1 large mealy potato, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives for garnish
Instructions:1. Drop the beans into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Add the potato and cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 10 minutes or until the beans are tender. Remove the potato with a slotted spoon. Drain well and transfer to the container of a blender or processor. Break the potato apart with a fork to release the steam.
2. Drain the beans in a colander set under cold running water. Shake to remove as much water as possible. Transfer the beans to the blender or processor and whirl with the potato until smooth. Return to the pan. Blend in the butter, lemon juice, and cilantro and stir over medium heat to warm through. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the surface with chives.