Green Chili Custard
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Fresh chili peppers and cilantro lend lively flavor to this cheese and egg custard. Serve with grilled steak or barbecued chicken.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 4 chili peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously butter a shallow casserole dish. Melt the butter in a small skillet. Add the onion, garlic, and chili peppers and toss to coat. Stir over medium heat until the onion is tender.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and cream until well blended. Add the onion mixture, salt, and cilantro. Stir in the cheese and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the surface is nicely browned and the custard is set.