Green Chili With Pork
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, 1/4-inch diced (cice while partially frozen)
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can each chicken and beef broth
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 5-10 slices Jalapeno or Habanero cheese, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Habanero Vinegar
Instructions:Mix flour, cumin, garlic powder, and black pepper in a ziplock bag. Add diced pork and shake to coat pork.
Add oil to big pot on high heat. Add floured pork and brown. Save the flour in the ziplock. Add the 2 cans of broth and stir very well. Reduce heat to VERY low and simmer for several hours. The heat must be on the very LOWEST heat setting or the mix may stick to the bottom of the pot and may burn.
Simmer for one hour, then add the remaining flour to 2 cups of hot water, mix to a watery paste, and add to the pot; stir well and stir frequently until blended.