Grilled Banana Sundae with Jasmine Caramel Sauce
Total Time: 15
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for grill
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 recipe Jasmine Caramel Sauce
- Toasted almond slices
Instructions:Prepare a medium-hot clean grill. Slice bananas 1/2 inch thick and thread on skewers. Brush with 3 tablespoons canola oil and coat with sesame seeds.
Wipe the grill with canola oil. Place bananas on the grill directly over the heat. Cook them until they are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Turn and grill 2 minutes longer (keep a close eye on the bananas; remove them before they get too soft). Remove bananas from heat and serve, topped with vanilla ice cream, Jasmine Caramel Sauce, and a generous sprinkling of toasted almond slices.
Jasmine Caramel Sauce
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup jasmine tea, freshly brewed
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped into tea
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, cubed