Grilled Caesar Salad
Yield: 8 servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 lemons, well scrubbed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 heads Romaine lettuce
- Caesar Dressing (see accompanying recipe)
- Wedge Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Black Olive Croutons (see accompanying recipe)
Instructions:Slice lemons into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Heat your grill to medium-high. Place lemon rounds on grill and cook until well-browned. Set aside.
Slice Romaine heads in half lengthwise, keeping leaves intact. Brush flat (cut) side with olive oil. Place on grill (cut side down) and cook 1 to 2 minutes (without moving). Place on a serving plate and drizzle with Caesar Dressing (recipe below).
With a peeler, shave shards of the cheese over the top. Sprinkle with Black Olive Croutons (recipe below) and arrange lemon rounds on top.
- 3 anchovy filets, rinsed, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Instructions:In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together all ingredients except olive oil. Then with the motor running, add 1/4 cup olive oil. Taste and add more oil if necessary. If too thick, add water to loosen.
Black Olive Croutons
- 5 thick slices (approximately) country bread
- 1 cup black-olive paste
- 1 tablespoon (approximately) extra-virgin olive oil