Grilled Chicken with Summer Herbs
Total Time: 45
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup loosely packed mixed fresh herb leaves, such as basil, Thai basil, cilantro, mint, and parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
Instructions:Wash and chop herbs. Put in a food processor or blender with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Puree until a smooth paste forms. If mixture seems dry and herbs aren't pureeing, add a little more olive oil. Put chicken breasts in a zip-top bag, pour in marinade, seal, and massage briefly. Chill at least 30 minutes (up to 8 hours).
Start your grill and get it hot. Grill chicken 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked through (juices run clear and meat has no pink color). Serve.