Grilled Marinated Salmon Kebabs
Total Time: 20
Given health and environmental concerns about farmed salmon, Mark recommends buying wild salmon for these kebabs, such as king, sockeye, and coho, all of which come from the Pacific and are in season in the summer.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, or rosemary
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, preferably from the middle of the fish, skin on (but scaled), pin bones removed
- Garnish: chopped fresh herbs, lemon wedges
- Special equipment: bamboo skewers, soaked in water 1 hour before using
Whisk together the first eight ingredients. Cut the salmon into 1-1/2- to 2-inch cubes or large rectangles (if the pieces are too small, the salmon will dry out during cooking). Thread the fish chunks on two parallel skewers (this makes it easier to turn them during cooking), then place in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over all. Cover and place in refrigerator about 1 hour, turning once.
Bring your grill to high heat. Brush salmon again with marinade (you can reserve the marinade to use as a sauce; simmer over medium heat 5 minutes before serving). Grill fish directly over the burners or coals on one side 4 minutes, then turn. Grill another 4 to 6 minutes until opaque. Garnish with fresh herbs and lemon wedges and serve.