Grilled Pineapple Sponge Flan
Yield: 8 - 10 servings
- 1 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut in either spirals, or just 1/2-inch slabs making sure NONE of the core is present
- 1 large, store bought sponge Flan
- 1 jar of Nutella (an Italian chocolate/hazelnut combination that is very spreadable)
- 1 container Marscopone sweet cheese spread at room temp
- 2-3 tablespoons Indian Ghee If possible, clarified butter if not
Instructions:In a grill pan or good skillet, sprayed, melt the Ghee or butter and add the pineapple.
Brown on both sides over medium/high heat. Turn off pan and allow to stand while you complete the remaining steps.
Spread a thin (or thick as you please) layer of the Nutella over the inside of the sponge flan.
Lay the grilled pineapple into the Nutella bed and top with the Marscopone as you would a whipped cream.
Slice and serve in wedges.
Note: You can layer 2-3 Flans and make it like a torte if you prefer.. delicious!