Grilled Potato Planks
Yield: Serves 4
Thick slices of parboiled or microwaved potato are brushed with a flavorful sauce and grilled.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 large well-formed mealy potatoes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Scrub the potatoes under cool running water. To parboil, drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 10 to 15 minutes or until partially tender. To microwave, place the potatoes around the outside rim of a plate and cover with waxed paper. Cook on high power for 5 to 8 minutes or until partially tender.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, and rosemary. Add the salt and pepper and whisk to blend thoroughly.
3. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly. Cut them lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Set aside the rounded outside slices for another use. Brush both sides of the flat slices with the oil mixture and place on a hot grill. Frequently brush on the remaining oil mixture and turn the potato slices to cook them evenly. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.