Grilled Swordfish with Tomato and Sweet Pepper Salsa
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed through a press or minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- four 6-ounce swordfish steaks, about 1-1/2 inches thick
Instructions:1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, basil, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The salsa can be made up to 3 hours ahead.
2. Build a hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill. Brush the fish with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until nicely charred and the fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
3. Spoon the salsa over the fish and serve.
Note: Swordfish steads are often quite large, so simply cut the large piece of fish into serving-sized pieces.