Grilled Tomatoes with Herbed Cheese
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The best tomatoes to use for this recipe for grilled tomatoes with herbed cheese are those that are ripe, but not yet soft. Firm-fleshed tomatoes don't disintegrate as quickly when exposed to harsh heat.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 large, firm tomatoes, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 heaping teaspoons herbed Boursin cheese
1. Slice the stem and blossom ends from the tomatoes and discard. Cut them in half horizontally to form 2 thick slices. Using a serrated grapefruit knife, carve out a shallow depression about 1-1/2 inches in diameter in the center of each slice.
2. Brush both sides of each slice generously with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place, depression side down, on a hot grill. When the slices soften, turn them over and place a teaspoon-size dollop of Boursin cheese in each depression. Continue grilling until the cheese is soft and hot. Serve immediately.