Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 lb Ground lamb
- 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 2 slices semi dried (day old) bread
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 Tbls Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground funugreek
- 1/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 Egg, beaten
- TZATZIKI SAUCE
- (Yogurt cucumber sauce)
- 2 Small Cucumbers, Peeled, Seeded & Diced
- 1 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 2 Tbls Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbls Fresh dill, chopped
- White pepper
1) Combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
2) Blend yogurt mixture with a whip until smooth.
3) Dry cucumbers by patting with paper towels.
4) Add Cucumbers and dill to yogurt mixture.
5) Salt and pepper to taste.
1) Mix lamb and beef in a glass bowl.
2) Crumb bread into meat mixture.
3) Add Spices and mix well.
4) Stir egg into meat mixture.
5) Form mixture into 2 large patties and place on a medium hot grill for 5 minutes per side or until the Gyros is cooked through.
Serve sliced gyros on warm pita bread with fresh sliced tomatoes, onions and Tzatziki sauce (Yogurt cucumber sauce)