Total Time: 30
Yield: about 10 servings
The recipe for happy shrimp from chef Joanne Chang is perfect for Chinese New Year.
In Mandarin, the word for "shrimp"sounds like the word for "laugh," and this quick and easy dish will certainly bring a smile to your face. We find that shell-on shrimp are more flavorful.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1-1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchstick-size julienne strips
- 3 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 2 pounds shell-on medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Steamed white rice