Harvest Fruit Bars
Yield: 16 bars
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In medium bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup applesauce and baking powder. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In large bowl, combine apple, apricots, cranberries, remaining applesauce, whole egg, egg white, lemon juice and vanilla.
In small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and cinnamon. Add to fruit mixture, stirring just until mixed.
Press half of crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Top with fruit mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Cut into 16 bars.