This recipe came from my sister-in-law.
It makes a good side dish and is well worth it.
6oz. Sour Cream
2lbs Hash Browns
1/2c. Chopped Onions
1/4C. Butter, Plus 6 Tbsp. Butter
1 can Cream of Mushroom or Celery Soup
2c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1-1/2c. Crushed Cornflakes
1. Saute onions in 1/4 cup butter
2. mix hash browns, sour cream, soup and cheese until well blended.
3. Add sauteed onion mix well.
4. Put mixture in a well greased 11x13
5. Melt 6 Tbsp. butter and pour over crushed cornflakes and mix well.sprinkle over hash brown mixture.
6. Bake at 350 for 1 hour
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.