Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Yield: 8-10 servings
I got this recipe years ago from a newspaper and have taken it to group events numerous times through the years. I always get requests for the recipe.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon or 1 cube chicken bullion
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- 8 oz. pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (can substitute cider vinegar and 1/2 tsp. dried tarrgon
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (or pecans)
- 2 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- dash lemon pepper
- salt to taste
Instructions:Poach chicken breasts with bullion in water. When cooked, cool and cut in bite-size pieces. While still warm, sprinkle with lemon juice and tarragon vinegar, tossing to mix. Allow to marinate for an hour or so. Place all ingredients in large bowl, add nuts last. Mix in mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon pepper, and salt.
Serve with fruit on the side -- cantaloupe, mango or peaches are good.