* 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 3/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins rubbed off with a kitchen towel, and chopped
* 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella, plus more for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-by-11-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper. Butter parchment.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Melt butter. Beat butter and sugar until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined. Stir in hazelnuts and Nutella.
4. Press dough into pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve with additional Nutella. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container up to 2 days.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments that are offensive or disrespectful to our readers and/or writers, cannot be verified, lack clarity, or contain profanity. Your comments may be republished by Yankee Magazine across multiple platforms.