Hearty Lasagna Soup
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 10
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3-1/2 cups Swanson Beef broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mafalda or corkscrew-shaped pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook beef, onion, garlic and parsley in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until beef is well browned, stirring often. Pour off fat.
2. Stir broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning in saucepan and heat to a boil.
3. Stir pasta in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
Cost per recipe: $7.91
Cost per recipe serving: $1.97
Cost calculations based on December 2008 national average prices.
All materials courtesy of: Campbell's Cooking Soups/Swanson Broth