Hearty Pinto Bean-Rice Soup
Yield: about 10 servings
An Autumn soup created to expand my Hearty Soup series for my friends to share.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups water
- 3/4 cup mixed wild rice and brown rice, washed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 large carrot, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce, no salt
- 8 brussel sprouts cleaned and quartered
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon thyme, dried
Instructions:Place olive oil into a large soup pot and add onion and garlic. Saut
Additional Notes:A variation can be made by exchanging 1 1/2 cups pinto beans for 1 1/2 cups black-eye peas.
Serve with cornbread or rye bread.