Hearty Pinto Bean-Rice Soup
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
An Autumn soup created to expand my Hearty Soup series for my friends to share.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups water
- 3/4 cup mixed wild rice and brown rice, washed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 large carrot, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce, no salt
- 8 brussel sprouts cleaned and quartered
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon thyme, dried
Instructions:Place olive oil into a large soup pot and add onion and garlic. Saut
Additional Notes:A variation can be made by exchanging 1 1/2 cups pinto beans for 1 1/2 cups black-eye peas.
Serve with cornbread or rye bread.