Heavenly Apricot Cobbler Bars
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
From the 1802 House Bed and Breakfast Inn, Kennebunkport, ME
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola without raisins, crushed (try Kellogg's Low-Fat Granola Without Raisins)
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugars, salt, and almond extract, beating well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Gradually add flour to the butter mixture; beat until moist. Remove one-third of the butter-flour mixture and set aside.
Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch-square baking dish. Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Gently spread preserves over warm crust. Combine reserved butter-flour mixture with granola; sprinkle over preserves. Bake 20 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Cool.