Heirloom Tomato and Garden Herb Salad
Total Time: 20
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cut into half-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher or sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fennel tops (optional)
- 1 cup arugula, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup sorrel, sliced into ribbons
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:Arrange tomatoes on a large serving platter, or equal portions on four plates.
Drizzle with 11/2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Let rest 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, gently combine herbs, arugula, and sorrel with balsamic vinegar and remaining oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Distribute herb mixture over center of tomatoes and serve.
** adapted from Rose Willett, Fiddlehead Farm