Heirloom Tomato Salad
Total Time: 35
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes (found in most specialty produce markets) or, if heirloom tomatoes are not available, cherry, vine-ripened, or grape tomatoes
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, julienne cut
Instructions:Garnish: whole basil leaves
3 days ahead: Make dressing: Whisk together olive oil and next five ingredients.
2 hours ahead: Cut smaller tomatoes in half; quarter larger tomatoes. Set aside. Drizzle dressing over tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Just before serving: Drain excess liquid. Garnish with fresh basil leaves; serve at room temperature.