Yield: about 6 to 8 servingsThis salmon dish is not only good right off the grill -- but the leftovers are great in salads or in a dip -- enjoy!
Ingredients:1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine or white vinegar
3 teaspoons chili powder (for a real kick -- substitute cayenne pepper)
Juice and zest of 1 lime
Salmon steaks or fillets, about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds
Instructions:1. Combine first 5 ingredients, mix to blend.
2. In a shallow dish or plastic zip-lock bag place the salmon, pour marinade over, turn to coat
3. Marinade, refrigerated for about 20 minutes or up to 2 hours
Pre-heat oven to 375-400 degrees
4. Remove the salmon from the marinade (reserving for basting) and place in a shallow oven-proof pan
5. Bake the salmon (in the center of the oven) under tender, (depending on the size of your cut) about 7 to 12 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade as needed
6. Pre-heat broiler on high, place salmon underneath the broiler for about 2 minutes until golden
Cool slightly before serving.
*Used a half a skinned salmon fillet, took about 12-15 minutes to cook