Hot Pepper Jelly
Yield: 6, 1/2 pints
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1.75-ounce package powdered pectin
- 5 cups white sugar
Instructions:1. Sterilize 6 (8-ounce) jars and lids. Heat water in a hot water canner.
2. Place red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers in a large saucepan over high heat. Mix in vinegar and fruit pectin. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a full rolling boil. Quickly stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil, boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skim off any foam.
3. Quickly ladle jelly into sterile jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of the top. Cover with flat lids, screw on bands tightly.
4. Place jars in rack, and slowly lower jars into canner.
The water should cover jars completely, and should be hot but not boiling. Bring water to a boil and process for 5 minutes.