Yield: about 2 cups
This puree of garbanzo beans is a great make-ahead dip for any occasion, but it also works well as a spread in sandwiches instead of mayonnaise or mustard. The olive oil helps it stay fresh longer when refrigeration is iffy.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 1-pound can garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas or ceci beans)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
In a food processor, puree beans, garlic, tahini, juice, and cumin, if desired. With motor running, pour in olive oil until mixture is emulsified and creamy. (Thin with water if too thick for your preference.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl and garnish with parsley.