Idaho Potato Fajitas
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 medium-size potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 sweet Spanish onion, sliced vertically
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- chopped scallions and chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Instructions:Place the potatoes in a stovetop steamer or in the oven and cook until tender, about 45 to 55 minutes. In a blender, puree the jalapeno and broth; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet and add the pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove the pepper with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and saute the onion for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove and add to the pepper. Place the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pan and add the chicken. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add the jalapeno puree and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the pepper and onion and cook for 1 minute more, or until the chicken is thoroughly done.
Place the cooked potatoes on a serving plate, slash the tops, and squeeze open. Spoon the fajita mixture on the potatoes, garnish with the scallions and cilantro, and serve the salsa on the side.