Italian Celery Salad
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
A colorful mélange of green celery, red bell peppers, and pale yellow cheese. Serve as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to grilled hamburgers.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 bunches Pascal celery, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, then cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and then sliced
Instructions:1. In a large salad bowl, combine the celery, roasted red bell peppers, and provolone cheese. Sprinkle on the basil and parsley and toss to combine.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and cayenne. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and chill for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, toss again, then arrange the egg slices around the perimeter of the salad bowl.