Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Marrying into an Italian family necessitated the need for my own recipe for Italian Meatloaf that is moist and delicious and my husband's favorite.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2-1/2 pounds ground chuck (at least 85% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt for meat
- 2 eggs
- dash milk
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Progresso Italian bread crumbs
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 1 16-ounce can tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine meat, onions, and peppers. Add next 8 ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add enough bread crumbs so meat mixture holds together nicely.
Form into a loaf shape and place in a large baking pan. Put strips of bacon lengthwise over the top, then cover with tomato sauce. Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.