* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs, room temperature
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
* 12 raspberries, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 12-cup muffin pan, or use liners. Combine flour, baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture in two parts, alternating with 1/2 cup milk.
2. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, gradually add cocoa mixture, scraping down side of bowl as necessary. Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat frosting until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds.
4. Using a paring knife, cut a 1-inch-deep piece from the top of each cupcake (do not discard). Fill each hole with 1 teaspoon jam and replace cutout pieces. Frost cupcakes and top with raspberries.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.