Jerusalem Artichoke and Bacon Salad
Yield: Serves 6
Combine thin slices of uncooked Jerusalem artichoke and romaine to this bacon salad for an appealing lunch combination.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon
- 1 head romaine
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, tarragon, salt, and cayenne. Whisk in the oil and set aside.
2. Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and cut them in half lengthwise. Slice each half lengthwise as thinly as possible. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Scatter the minced shallot over the Jerusalem artichokes and pour on the prepared dressing. Toss to coat all the slices. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on absorbent paper. Rinse the romaine and tear into bite-size pieces. Place in a large salad bowl. Add the Jerusalem artichoke slices and toss to combine. (Drizzle on any remaining dressing, if desired.) Crumble the bacon and distribute over the salad. Serve immediately.