Jerusalem Artichoke Puree
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Puréed Jerusalem artichokes make an excellent substitute for mashed potatoes. Serve them piping hot with roast or grilled meats.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons medium or whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Instructions:1. Boil or steam the Jerusalem artichokes until tender when pierced. Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel the Jerusalem artichokes and force them through a sieve or food mill allowing them to fall into a large saucepan. Beat in the cream and place over medium heat. Add the butter and stir continuously until it is melted. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve while hot.