Jerusalem Artichoke Puree
Yield: Serves 4
- 1-1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons medium or whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Instructions:1. Boil or steam the Jerusalem artichokes until tender when pierced. Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel the Jerusalem artichokes and force them through a sieve or food mill allowing them to fall into a large saucepan. Beat in the cream and place over medium heat. Add the butter and stir continuously until it is melted. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve while hot.