Jerusalem Artichokes Sauteed in Butter
Yield: Serves 4
- 1-1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, unpeeled
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Instructions:1. Drop the Jerusalem artichokes into a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook, uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. When cool enough to handle, slice the unpeeled Jerusalem artichokes into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Stir in the lemon juice and water and add the slices of Jerusalem artichokes. Toss to coat evenly and reduce the heat. Cover the pan and cook slowly for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender when pierced.
3. Increase the heat and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and add the chives. Stir over medium heat until the cheese begins to melt. Serve immediately.