Jicama Salad with Lime Mayonnaise
Yield: Serves 6
The vibrant flavors of lime and fresh cilantro underscore the juxtaposition of jicama and tart green apples.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 medium jicamas
- 2 tart green apples, such as Granny Smith
- Juice of 3 limes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Instructions:1. Peel the jicamas and the apples and cut them into julienne strips. Combine the strips in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the juice of 2 limes. Toss to coat and refrigerate until chilled.
2. When chilled, season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the cilantro and toss gently. Transfer to an attractive serving plate. In a small bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, sugar, and the juice of the remaining lime. Mix thoroughly and pour over the jicamas and apples. Serve immediately.