Jicama Salad with Lime Mayonnaise
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The vibrant flavors of lime and fresh cilantro underscore the juxtaposition of jicama and tart green apples.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 medium jicamas
- 2 tart green apples, such as Granny Smith
- Juice of 3 limes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Instructions:1. Peel the jicamas and the apples and cut them into julienne strips. Combine the strips in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the juice of 2 limes. Toss to coat and refrigerate until chilled.
2. When chilled, season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the cilantro and toss gently. Transfer to an attractive serving plate. In a small bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, sugar, and the juice of the remaining lime. Mix thoroughly and pour over the jicamas and apples. Serve immediately.