* 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
* 4 tablespoons butter, divided
* 1 large head cabbage (4 pounds), coarsely chopped
* 2 medium onions, chopped
* 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 3 to 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, brown the sausage in 2 tablespoons butter; remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute the cabbage and onions in remaining butter until onions are tender.
Combine the tomato sauce, sugar and paprika; pour over cabbage mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes and reserved sausage. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments that are offensive or disrespectful to our readers and/or writers, cannot be verified, lack clarity, or contain profanity. Your comments may be republished by Yankee Magazine across multiple platforms.