Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- * 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- * 1 large head cabbage (4 pounds), coarsely chopped
- * 2 medium onions, chopped
- * 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- * 1/2 cup sugar
- * 1 tablespoon paprika
- * 3 to 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
Instructions:In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, brown the sausage in 2 tablespoons butter; remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute the cabbage and onions in remaining butter until onions are tender.
Combine the tomato sauce, sugar and paprika; pour over cabbage mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes and reserved sausage. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.